Baby’s porridge does not have to be all starch. It can be enriched and flavoured so that it is not only delicious, but also nutritious.
¾ cup Millet
1 tbls Amaranth flour
2 tbls finely grinded roast Groundnuts
1 tbls Soya beans flour
¼ cup Refined maize meal
- Bring 8 cups of water to boil in a saucepan.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl then add a little water to form a thick paste. Ensure you mix all the flour into the water.
- Pour the baby porridge flour paste into the boiling water and keep string until it thickens.
- Let it cook for about 12 minutes.
- You may opt to add milk and sugar to taste.
- You may serve it hot or cold according to your preference.
This is a protein enriched porridge that is healthy for a baby. Even babies that are being weaned can have this porridge. If however you find that you do not have one of the ingredients, to not worry, use what you have and be creative!Super Baby Food